Wednesday, November 4, 2009

28 weeks, 4 days check up...

I saw Dr. Rao yesterday and everything went great. I passed the gestational diabetes test by a point - 139. If you get 140-200 you have to do the 4 hour screening/fasting/blood work ordeal. They said a score in the 200's usually indicates diabetes so even though I passed by a hair, I don't need to change my diet at all or worry. What a relief!

I passed the anemia screening as well. I've only gained 13 lbs total throughout the pregnancy and Dr. Rao is very impressed. She said I'm having such a wonderful/healthy pregnancy. The beginning was definitely ROUGH but I'm paying for it now. I am loving every minute of this experience.

She told us to pre-register at the hospital, pick a pediatrician and count Collin's kicks. If he doenst have 10 kicks every 2 hours, I am supposed to call her day or night. I don't have to worry about that...Collin is sooooo active, he's always kicking and rolling. I never wonder if he's okay in there. :)

We found a pediatrician at the same Dr.'s office my OBGYN is located. She's wonderful and was recommended to us by friends and even the director of Collin's day school. She will be coming to the hospital to see Collin when he's born and give him his first exam.

All is well......looking forward to my first baby shower this weekend at Joni's house! Can't wait to see all the family and enjoy quality time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment